Quarkus Newsletter #12
The September Newsletter has been published! This month, check out great articles about Eric Deandrea’s new book "Quarkus for Spring Developers", RESTEasy reactive, and the use of "Quarkus Security OPENID Connect Multi Tenacy".
Check out Newsletter #12!
Want to get newsletters in your inbox? Sign up for the newsletter using the on page form.
We’ve also included the list of the newest found online stories. Give it a read and if you feel something is missing or have an article coming out for future Quarkus Newsletter install the bookmarklet on your laptop and phone to easily submit a story. If you prefer the manual way please open an issue with a short description and a url.
Article & Blogs
- Last week I merged Quarkus Live Coding and Continuous Testing support for Lambda and it will be available in Quarkus 2.3. I’m excited to see how its received by the Quarkus community. Quarkus Live Coding and Continous Testing with Lambda by Bill Burke posted 8. September 2021
- The first half of this article introduced Shipwars, a browser-based video game that’s similar to the classic Battleship tabletop game, but with a server-side AI opponent. We set up a development environment to analyze real-time gaming data and I explained some of the ways you might use game data analysis and telemetry data to improve a product. In this second half, we'll run the analytics and use the captured data to replay games. Game telemetry with Kafka Streams and Quarkus, Part 2 | Red Hat Developer from Red Hat by Evan Shortiss posted 31. August 2021
- Quarkus for Spring Developers introduces Quarkus to Java developers with a special eye to helping those familiar with Spring’s concepts, constructs, and conventions learn Quarkus quickly. Why should I choose Quarkus over Spring for my microservices? | Red Hat Developer from Red Hat by Eric Deandrea posted 31. August 2021
- In this article, I'll show you Quarkus GraphQL support. As an example, I use the Superheroes application from my previous articles. We will discuss some GraphQL topics. GraphQL APIs with Quarkus - DEV Community by Claudio Altamura posted 30. August 2021
- This blog post will look at a few changes we made in RESTEasy reactive to make the transition smooth and transparent. Quarkus - RESTEasy Reactive - To block or not to block from Red Hat by Clement Escoffier posted 25. August 2021
- Quarkus for Spring Developers introduces Quarkus to Java developers, with a special eye to helping those familiar with Spring’s conventions make a quick and easy transition. Quarkus for Spring Developers | Red Hat Developer from Red Hat by Eric Deandrea posted 23. August 2021
- That blog post is about the usage of the “Quarkus Security OpenID Connect Multi Tenancy” implementation in an own small example, how to extract a tenant and reconfigure OIDC configuration for Keycloak. Use of “Quarkus Security OpenID Connect Multi Tenancy” in an own small example – Thomas Suedbroecker's Blog by Thomas Suedbroecker posted 20. August 2021
- Quarkus is a full-stack, Kubernetes-native Java framework made for Java Virtual Machines and native compilation. It optimizes Java specifically for containers and enables it to become an effective platform for serverless, cloud, and Kubernetes. Java Microservice using Quarkus. What is Quarkus? by Girish Sampath posted 18. August 2021
- A new eBook demonstrates how developers can keep using the Java framework to build new serverless functions. A Java developer's guide to Quarkus | Opensource.com from Red Hat by Daniel Oh posted 12. August 2021
- In this live-coding session, we deploy a Quarkus application to Azure App Service, both using the JVM mode and the native mode (with GraalVM). Deploying Quarkus applications to Azure by Java on Azure posted 13. September 2021
- Monitor all requests from your microservices with just 3 simple notes and visualize it in a grafana dashboard as you see fit. Quarkus #5: Monitoramento com Prometheus e Grafana by Vinicius Ferraz posted 13. September 2021
- In this video, I will give you a first introduction to Panache and the 2 patterns it helps you implement. And we will dive deeper into each pattern in future videos of this series. Introduction to Panache by Thorben Janssen posted 2. September 2021
- nderstand Quarkus Apps in a Graphical Way Understand Quarkus Apps in a Graphical Way by Daniel Oh posted 1. September 2021
- Special Guests Erin Schnabel @ebullientworks, Rick Osowski @rosowski, and Chris Richardson @crichardson discuss the Do's and Don'ts of Microservice design Quarkus Insights #61: Do's and Don'ts of Microservice design from Red Hat by posted 30. August 2021
- How to create serverless functions from devfiles for OpenShift. Make Quarkus Serverless from Devfiles to OpenShift by Daniel Oh posted 24. August 2021
- Alexey Loubyansky stops by to discuss the latest changes to the Quarkus platform. Quarkus Insights #60: Quarkus 2: The Rise of Platforms from Red Hat by Quarkusio posted 23. August 2021
- How to use MapStruct to merge 2 Java beans How to use MapStruct to merge 2 Java beans by Giuseppe Scaramuzzino posted 21. August 2021
- The Quarkus project enables you to develop Kubernetes-native applications based on Java and a huge list of well-established, Java-based frameworks. Hibernate is, of course, one of these frameworks. Quarkus & Hibernate – Getting Started Guide by Thorben Janssen posted 19. August 2021
- Hi friends! Today I bring two valuable tips to work with Quarkus and GitHub. Don't miss them and accelerate your way to work. Quarkus and GitHub Tips by 16 BITS TECH posted 16. August 2021